Board Election Proposal for online participation and voting
Preregister membership ballot requests (email to membership). Allow 3 days after the Annual
Meeting for members to complete their ballots. Use an online platform for the voting.
Attendance at the meeting is not required to vote, but people will have access to candidate
statements before voting begins to view on their own schedule.
The following procedure ensures the meeting can start on time, allows more flexibility for
members to vote, and provides opportunity for members to address any technical issues getting their votes registered.
- Start collecting member requests to receive an online ballot as early as possible. Any verified member can request an online ballot.
- If possible, hold a candidate forum, presentations, and/or statements and make them available on the website as early as possible not to exceed 1 month before the election.
- Hold the annual meeting online with no screening of who attends. Meeting starts on time.
- Provide an opportunity for people with limited online access to vote after candidate presentations and possibly during specific hours the next day. The online system will prevent members from being able to cast more than one vote. To ensure the integrity of manually collected votes, hire a 3rd party service or have 2‐4 people involved in receiving those votes by phone with poll watchers if requested. Details were prepared last election to do this.
- Allow members to request ballots up until the polls close.
- No one is allowed to view the status of the voting until the election concludes.
The CCPA Board of Directors